Where are you located and what are your hours?
We are located on the corner of 1st and Main in Downtown Gresham 101 N Main Ave Gresham OR 97233. Are hours are M-F 9-6 Sat 10-6 CLOSED Sundays.
Do you have ready made baked goods if I just walk in?
Yes absolutely! We bake our cupcakes fresh every day and we also offer an assortment of cookies, macarons, and cake pops.
Do you offer delivery?
Yes, we have a minimum $200 order to qualify for delivery. The delivery fee is based on the distance from the bakery starting at $25 up to $100. We do not deliver further than one hour (one way).
Do you have a minimum cupcake order?
If you are selecting flavors from our month bake schedule there is no minimum order. If you would like a flavor not on our monthly bake schedule than a minimum of one dozen is required.
How far in advance do I need to order a cake?
If you are inquiring during our peak season (June-September) we suggest contacting us about 3-5 months in advance for wedding cakes and 3-5 weeks in advance for celebration cakes. We are a small bakery and like to devote quality time to each order, it’s never too early to order a cake but it can be too late!
How far in advance do I need to order cupcakes?
We only need 24 hours notice for cupcake orders. However if you want fondant toppers or flavors not on our menu we need at least 72 hours notice.
Do I need to pay in advance?
All wedding cakes require a $200 deposit to secure your wedding date and remainder balance is due two weeks before the wedding. All celebration cakes must be paid for in advance no later than Tuesday the week of your event. If you’re not sure what your final design and size will be you can pay a $25 non-refundable retainer to secure your spot then remainder details and payment are due by Tuesday.
How is pricing determined?
All of our celebration cakes have two pricing options, simple or custom. These are starting price points that can vary depending on amount of detail. Our wedding cakes are priced per serving starting at $5 per serving. Added items such as sugar flowers, and sculpted toppers are priced individually based on amount of detail. Please visit our pricing page for a more sufficient break down.
Do you offer consultations?
We do offer private consultations for wedding inquiries only. It’s $25, you get a small cutting cake and an assortment of our cupcakes. There is a minimum $200 order to qualify. We also offer to-go tastings that are $13 for four big cupcakes of your flavor choosing, then the remainder details are worked out via email or in the shop during business hours with one of our decorators.
Do you offer stand rentals?
Unfortunately at this time we do not offer stand rentals. We are hoping to launch our stand rentals by summer 2018 so stay tuned! We also have some great rental company resources we would love to refer you to for your stand needs.
What if I want fresh flowers/ribbon/non edible items on my cake?
We are happy to put those things on for you, however it is your responsibility to bring them into us or have them ready at the venue when we deliver.
What are your cake sizes and do you offer sheet cakes?
Our four main sizes are 4”, 6”, 8” and 10”. We primarily work with round cakes that are about 4-5” tall. We use sheet cakes for our sculpted cakes only. We do not offer sheet cakes for extra servings or as simple cakes. We can do square cakes if you prefer however there is an additional expense per tier.
What are your Policies?
- Nuts and Nut By-Products
- Eggs and Egg By-Products
- Milk and Dairy Products
- Artificial Food Colorings
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been signed for.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
- Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Sugar Cubed Cakes. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit percents are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus $25 handling/cancellation fee). NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
- Changes and cancellations to custom orders are accepted until 96 hours (4 days) prior to scheduled pick up time. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount – if canceled at least 96 hours in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds reguardless the circumstances. 3D Cakes require at least one week’s notice if changes want to be made to the cake, to change the date, or to cancel. You will be required to pay the full amount if the order is cancelled with less notice. This does not apply to orders that have contracts.
- We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.